Friday, March 18, 2005

Letting Go

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go. ~ Joshua 1:9

This is my favorite verse in the Bible – has been for a long time. But lately it’s started hitting home again for me. I have been so stressed about whether I was making the right choices in my life. Stressing over whether some of the things that have been taking place are God’s will or my will. After a brief conversation with a respected friend the other day, it finally dawned on me that I’ve been praying about these situations for a long time and that by worrying about it, I’m not leaving it God’s hands. My heart is in the right place, my intentions are good, and I just need to let God use me as He sees fit and remember that He knows what He’s doing.

Anyway, I have this verse scheduled to pop up on my computer every morning, but this morning, it just reminded me that I’m not alone in this.

No comments: