Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Notables This Week So Far…

First of all, I was told yesterday that (and I quote) “…you’re much less pathetic in real life than you make yourself out to be on your blog.” So my goal is to do my best to make myself sound less pathetic, but there is only so much this girl can do. ;o)

Second, my toilet exploded last night…sort of. I flushed it, it made a weird noise (the kind that makes you think that what ever is supposed to go down is about to explode out). Then water started spewing out the top of the tank. I quickly took the top off, but couldn’t exactly figure out why. So what did I do…I flushed it again. Seems the hose that fills the tank with water came loose and when I flushed the toilet the hose shot around and started spraying me in the face (it’s okay to laugh, I’m sure it would have been funny to observe as a bystander). There is a little hook on the side of the hose and it appears to have come loose, but I don’t know where it was originally attached, so I attached to the first thing I could find. It works…that’s all that matters, right?

Third…toe vs. door frame. Jury is still out on exactly who won. My choice of shoes today may be giving the door frame that upper hand. I don’t think I broke it, but it sure does hurt!

Finally, my chiropractor told me I looked like Couisn It today. Sadly, it was probably deserved (oops, did that sound pathetic?). I need a haircut REALLY REALLY REALLY bad, so I’m getting one tomorrow (the appointment was made before the Cousin It comment…only because I was having the same issues yesterday as today.) Don’t expect anything earth shattering. I still don’t have a new roommate, so I won’t be doing anything that requires regular upkeep.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have got to start setting up video cameras around your place, seriously. I hear you on the Cousin It - I actually had that referenced to me this week.

Stacey said...

If there is money in it, I would consider setting up video cameras in my house. I could be my own reality show!

Krista said...

I feel your pain. Well...at least some of it. I had an exploding toilet my junior year of college. It would randomly start spewing water even when nobody was around. It was gross and the apartment maintenance staff were NOT helpful!

Also, my toes had a run-in with a door frame a year or two ago. The door definitely won! Those toes are small but they can produce a huge amount of pain.

Stacey said...

Krista, do you know how dangerous it would be if the two of us were to live under the same roof? It would definately require extra insurance! =o)