Thursday, July 31, 2008

Rude Awakening

Last night I was dreaming about something that was going on in my house involving a lot of people (I think my cousins). Not sure what the dream was about, but it was one of those dreams that you wake up tired because of it.

Toward the end of the dream, I started hearing this ear piercing “beeping” noise in the house and was searching every where for it and trying to make it stop. I was unplugging everything in my dream that I could find.

Then I started to wake up a little and realized that the “beeping” wasn’t going away. This was not a dream. So I got up and walked into the hall. It seemed that my carbon monoxide detector decided it needed it’s batteries replaced in the middle of the night.

I was too tired to go downstairs and get a step ladder, so I managed to reach the battery cover and get it off, but I couldn’t get the batteries out at that angle. So I went into my bedroom and go something (no idea what, I just grabbed something) and pried a battery out so the stupid thing would stop making that horrific noise!

I guess I now know that I will most definitely hear it if it ever goes off while I’m sleeping. No worries there! Sad thing is…I was REALLY tired when I got up this morning. I did shower (see previous post), but the hair got pulled up yet again.

No comments: