Tuesday, August 02, 2005

A Totally Bizarre & Gross Story

For those who have weak stomachs, you might want to pass on this one.

My mom called me last night and she was telling me that these friends of ours from church had gone on vacation with their whole family to Breckenridge last week. While they were there, they decided to take the kids to ride the Alpine Slides. Anyway, Cathy was coming down the side when her toboggan thing flipped. Since her grandson was right behind her, she didn’t want him to run into her, so she flipped it back over really quick on continued down. When she got to the bottom, one side of her face was covered in blood and she couldn’t figure out why. Turns out she had almost completely cut her ear off!!! My mom said it took a ton of stitches, but they were able to reattach it. How gross (and freaky) is that!?! I told my mom to tell Cathy I can beat that, I’ve had both ears cut off (of course mine were done by a surgeon).

Anyway, I thought that was totally bizarre. For my Colorado traveling companions last summer, this is the same slides we went down! Good grief, my only concern was hitting a chipmunk along the way. Never would have dreamed of loosing an ear! I hold on to my ears every time I think about it!

2 comments:

Karen said...

I could handle the story, considering my job. When did you have your ears cut off?

Stacey said...

When I was in High School, I had jaw surgery and since I was an extremely vain 16-year-old, I didn't want visable scars, so they cut my ears, folded them forward and did the surgery that way. How's that for gross!?! When they took the bandages off, my ears were swollen which caused them to stick out and I just knew they had ruined me for life! Oh, vanity!