Thursday, January 05, 2006

Snow Day Please!

I need a snow day, maybe even 2! I’d be happy with a good ice storm. Just something that allows me to keep power, but keeps me from being able to go to work for a day or two. I’m having trouble getting everything situated in my house and there just isn’t enough time in one weekend.

I was thinking yesterday that I would like to have powers like Samantha on “Bewitched” or Jeannie on “I Dream of Jeannie.” After discussing this in depth with a friend, I think Jeannie won out. 1) I can blink and nod my head easier than I can twitch my nose and 2) Samantha’s husbands (there were two Darrin’s you know) had issues. One was a drug addict (though not his fault) and the other one played for the other team. Now my friend pointed out, Jeannie lived with a man that she had to call “Master” and he never married her, but I have since learned, he did eventually marry her. Some guys just don’t know a good thing when they see it and it takes them a while to clue in.

Totally random side thought: I find it very funny that when I pulled up my MSN home page today, the very top bar said “Find: engagement rings”. Sure I can find one, but buying one for myself just isn’t the same. It needs to say “Find: man to buy you an engagement ring.” MSN is kind of jumping the gun here! Now how’s that for random?!?

9 comments:

Mgam said...

Try Here!!

Mgam said...

Sorry, forgot the :-)

Suzy said...

Now that's funny Matt! I thought maybe it was a link to your homepage :-)

Stacey said...

He knows better than that? But I think I'll hold off on the eHarmony. It doesn't seem to have worked for you. :-)

Karen said...

Ok, so try this one. I have had a good experience with it.

Stacey said...

Okay, let me clarify something. My comment wasn't so much that I was looking to find a man (not that I would turn a good one down), but just thought it was funny that MY MSN decided that the suggested search option they would give me that was was to find an engagement ring, but they had skipped the man option. I'm highly aware that there are internet dating services out there (and please don't bother sending me the Church of Christ Singles site). I just prefer to do it the old fashion way a while longer. =-)

Mgam said...

How do you know it hasn't worked for me? Maybe I'm just keeping it secret...

Stacey said...

Whatever, Matt. You keep telling yourself that! =)

Mgam said...

Hey I'm just posing questions. I'm not convincing anyone of anything....