Thursday, November 09, 2006

Miracles DO Happen

I don’t know if I have posted about this in the past, but we have a copier repair guy that in the past I absolutely could not STAND. He was rude and degrading. I got to the point where I asked them not to send him out here. From what I had been told from other repair techs from this same company, he seemed to have that effect on lots of their customers. They said he was good at what he does, but his people skills were lacking.

Well, lately they have been sending him out here most of the time. They have our regular tech working on other stuff, so we’ve had no other choice but to have our machine repaired by the other guy. What I have noticed is that he has become easier to deal with. I think they may have sent him to sensitivity training or something. Whatever the change – it has been welcomed.

Today, we were having another problem, so I had to place a service call. When I got back, he was here fixing the machine. He told me he couldn’t find the problem, but wanted to show me the change he had made to one of the trays. Our copier has two large capacity trays. He thought I was calling about the one I have been having trouble with instead of the external one. When I told him it was the other tray, he LAUGHED and jokingly acted like he was going to hit me. Did I mention he LAUGHED!!! Normally, this would have made him mad. I think maybe, just maybe, we have come to an understanding and I’ve finally made friends with the copier guy that was making my life miserable every time he came out. See, miracles do happen. It’s taken a couple of years, but they do happen.

On a funny note, He has his shirt tucked into his boxers and his boxers are sticking out the back of his pants today. It’s a very funny site and I don’t want to embarrass him by pointing out the problem. I’m just hoping he’ll discover it himself before his next service call.

No comments: