Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Question of the Century

I swore I wouldn't do this, but I can't take it anymore.

Am I the only one who is ready for this election to be over? I know I have some politically passionate friends who can’t get enough of this, but personally, I’m tired of hearing about it. And it probably doesn’t help that I’m not a huge fan of either candidate, so I have been praying that regardless of who I vote for, that as a country, we will elect the person that will do the most good for our country. And I know there are people out there that feel very passionately that they know who that person is, but I’m sorry, my gut says they are both trouble.

And that feeling goes beyond the run of the office of the President. There is a race for US Senate going on in my state and I believe both candidates are also trouble. I’ve lost all faith and respect for the one that is currently holding the office, but don’t trust the person that is running against him. Still haven’t decided what I’m going to do there.

Back the Presidential race. I have always been one to vote for the candidate that was affiliated with my party, but this was the first time I questioned that decision. Not because I thought the other was a better choice, but because I was trying to decide which was the lesser evil (not that I think either is evil, but you know what I mean). I think after this weekend I decided which way I’m going to vote (I don’t want to get into a political debate so I’m not mentioning names). I noticed this weekend that I’ve started to immediately change the channel when a particular candidate comes on TV. Not that I have much desire to sit there and listen to either on anymore, but one of them has that immediate effect on me. So if I can’t stand to listen to him on TV anymore, than that is a good sign to me that I should not be voting for him. Yeah, I know, it’s not very scientific but I think that is as good as it’s going to get this election season.

No comments: