Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Ouch!

This won’t surprise anyone who knows me well too much, but I hurt myself…again. Don’t ask me how, but I closed the door from the garage to the house on my foot and seriously bruised the back of my heel/bottom of my Achilles tendon. I couldn’t walk on it when I first did it, but by the next morning I thought I was fine…until I put on shoes yesterday. When I got up this morning to work out, my tennis shoes didn’t bother it any so I thought I was fine…until I put on shoes for work. It was evident that was NOT going to happen. Thankfully after digging through shoe boxes I found a pair of open back shoes that I had intended to get rid of because the lining had come loose and was all bunched up inside. Annoying is much more tolerable than uncomfortable right now.

It really was just the cherry on top of everything right now, but at least I can laugh at this. It’s been getting harder to see that light at the end of the tunnel lately. Getting up and going through the motions each day is becoming tedious. The chorus to the song on my cell phone pretty much sum it up…

There's gotta be something more
gotta be more than this
I need a little less hard time
I need a little more bliss
I'm gonna take my chances
taking a chance I might
find what I'm looking for
there's gotta be something more.

2 comments:

OK Chick said...

I'm sorry about your foot. But you are right, at least you can laugh about it. Also, your getting cable that alone should pump you up!!!

Stacey said...

I'm not getting cable, Anne is. I'll be keeping my limited basic. Did I tell you about the Cox mess?