Monday, January 26, 2009

Wish You Could Have Been There

Today is my birthday and for my birthday, I got an ice storm! Of course Ice Storm = Close Shop Early, so I’m not complaining too much. My heater on my car also decided to quit working…but we won’t go into that.

Anyway, I come home from work and burn some rubber trying to get into the garage (which I succeeded at on attempt 2). But I’m a prepared homeowner…I have rock salt! So I get a cup full and step partway out onto the driveway to a dry patch that turned out not to be dry, slipped, and slid from the top of my driveway all the way to the street. Miraculously didn’t hurt myself, did though end up with a cold, wet, butt and put on quite a show for the mail man.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So as I was reading this my first thought was: Holy cow, I hope she's okay
but that was immediately followed by my hysterical laughter as I'm picturing you sledding down your driveway on your butt!! Glad you're okay and thanks for entertaining me on your birthday!!

Stacey said...

I laughed the whole way down...mostly because I looked so stupid and the mail man was watching. Glad he wasn't cute!