Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Ode to the Alarm Clock

This is my alarm clock.

I have had this clock since I was eleven. It has woken me up every almost every morning since. Its lavender and has never matched my decor (especially now). My dad won it at some conference he went to. My brother was mad that he gave it to me, to which my mom replied "do you REALLY want a lavender alarm clock?" Yes, I know that I'm a grown up now and that I could easily afford to replace my alarm clock with something a little more stylish, but honestly, now that I have had it for so long I kind of want to see how long it will keep working. I have no intention of getting rid of it until it bites the bullet.

So why am I writing about my alarm clock? No reason at all other than I found it fascinating when I realized how long I have had it.

No comments: