Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Random Stuff

Mystery Dinner
Earlier in the week, I noticed I had a container of frozen soup in my deep freeze, so I decided to heat it up for dinner last night. It was raining and it was a little chilly outside. Perfect soup weather. Thing was, I didn’t exactly know what kind of soup it was. I wasn’t sure if it was chili or beef stew…either way, it worked. So I proceeded to heat it up in the microwave. When I took it out, it looked more like chili, but it smelled funny (not bad funny, just not like chili funny). So I took a bite. It wasn’t chili. It was spaghetti sauce! Not really what I expected. So instead of chili for dinner, I had spaghetti. Good thing I had spaghetti noodles on hand.

The Less Likely Option
As some of you know, my roommate will be getting married very soon and I have yet to find a replacement for her. It probably wouldn’t be so bad, but I have a furnace that could go out at anytime, so any additional help with expenses is quite appreciated at this time. So, I’ve decided at this point that at least one of four possible scenarios needs to take place in the next 30 days (preferably less):
- Find a new roommate (ideal for more than just financial reasons).
- Find an enjoyable part-time job (if I’m going to be working that much, I want to not dread it).
- Be tonight’s Deal or No Deal’s lucky $1,000,000 play at home winner (not holding my breath).
- Get married.
Of all of these options, marriage is definitely the least likely to take place. My mom thinks ruling out marriage in less than 30 days is a pessimistic attitude, but I’m not exactly the type to jump into something like that, though I guess I could always change my mind. =o)

I Hate it When I Do That!
This weekend I decided to rent two movies to watch since I had no other plans. I rented You Me & Dupree which was better than I expected and Vacancy. I knew Vacancy would be scary, but with Luke Wilson in it, how scary could it really be? Well, I couldn't tell you the answer to that. I decided to watch it Saturday afternoon so that I would have time to watch something else and get my mind off of it before I went to bed. I got 30 minutes into it and started to psych myself out thinking "what if it's scarier than I think because I'm home alone this weekend." Needless to say, I turned it off and ended up having to return it before I found someone to watch it with me. That's the funny thing...I like scary movies, I have just discovered that I don't like watching them by myself. There was $4 wasted. =o(

On a Serious Note…
I’ve actually been thinking about this a lot this last year, but something I heard on TV this morning has me thinking about it more in-depth again. How is it that multiple people can hear the exact same conversation and pull totally different meanings out of it? I’m constantly amazed how people can get bent out of shape over something they really shouldn’t be that upset about? To me it seems that person or group (and let me clarify…I’m sure I’ve been guilty of this myself in the past) is already sensitive towards the person speaking or about the particular subject matter and reads into it what they want (or technically don’t want) to hear. What ever happened to taking things with a grain of salt or being quick to listen and slow to speak? I don’t know. Why can’t we just all get along or at the very least agree to disagree?

No comments: