Thursday, December 16, 2010

Make It Stop



I get random songs stuck in my head all the time.  And sometimes their annoying.  The whole time I was in Brazil, Copacabana was stuck in my head.  At least there was some rational about it.  I was in Brazil, the home of the Copacabana (actually saw it while I was there).

There is almost always some song stuck in my head.  Usually I know why (even if I can't get rid of it).  This time, I'm at a loss.

Since Thanksgiving, I have had this stuck in my head: "Dreidel, dreidel, dreidel.  I made you out of clay.  Dreidel, dreidel, dreidel..." and that is ALL I know of the song.  Its constant.  Its annoying.  And I have no idea how it ended up there.  I never sang it in school.  I did not grow up in communities where there was any sort of a Jewish population.  I had never even seen Hanukkah decorations in a store until I moved to OKC.  But at some point during my post Thanksgiving shopping, that song played somewhere in my earshot and it has been stuck in my head ever since.

Maybe I just need to learn the rest of the song so that I at least don't get frustrated because I don't know the rest of the words.

No comments: