Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Amen to THAT

I found this article today on MSN talking about what men's bad habits say.  I ran across this particular one that left me saying "amen":

Twenty years ago I would have said this was not a big deal to me because frankly I have two arms and I am capable of opening my own door.  I actually was taken back a bit when I was in college and guys would hold the door open...not just for me, but any girl.  Not something I was used to guys my age doing before reaching college.  I thought it was nice.  And even in my early dating years, I thought it was nice when I guy opened the car door for me, but the practical me thought it was unnecessary.

Then I dated a guy that always opened the door for me.  And I got used to it.  And I liked and appreciated that about him.  But it wasn't until after that relationship ended and I started dating other guys that I realized that little action speaks volumes.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to get into a huff if a guy I'm dating doesn't open a door for me now and then, but when he rarely does or never does it speaks volumes.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

I agree. It speaks volumes.