Friday, September 15, 2006

It HURTS

Yesterday afternoon, I had a funny thought. I decided that maybe I just needed to cut off the entire right side of my body. My right jaw hurts, my right hand hurts, my right knee hurts and I have a blister on a toe on my right foot. Then last night, the icing on the cake. I was getting something out of the freezer and I dropped a container on my right foot and it seems I might have fractured one of my toes. It HURTS. The only way I can walk on it is to walk on my heel. And I cannot stand for anything to touch it. Needless to say, I didn’t sleep well last night because the blankets kept touching it and waking me up. It doesn’t throb as much as it did last night, but I avoid walking as much as possible. This morning I called the doctor to make sure there wasn’t anything else I should be doing other than icing it and taking ibuprofen. There’s not – so I just get to suffer for the next several days at least and wear open toed shoes. Did I mention – it HURTS!!!!

5 comments:

The Anonymous One said...

Man that stinks. Sorry to hear about your foot. Those kind of injuries can be the worst since there is not much they can do mend a toe. I hereby prescribe a trip to Braums. Take two scoops of your fav and check back with me tomorrow. =)

Stacey said...

Well, considering by Sunday afternoon I was able to walk on it without discomfort and by Monday was able to wear closed toed shoes without pain, I think it's a safe bet that all I did was bruise the bone REALLY bad.

I am surprised that it isn't broken after it got stepped on 3 times within 30 minutes on Saturday.

The Anonymous One said...

Just checking to see how your toe is doing today. Feeling better? Ready to do the watusi yet?

Stacey said...

It's fine, thanks. It's still bruised, but it doesn't really hurt anymore. As for the Watusi, I wasn't doing that before I hurt my foot.

The Anonymous One said...

Good that it is healing-I guess the ice cream worked? As for the Watusi, to be honest, I don't even really know what Watusi means. =)