Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Why is it...

Why is it when you taste something bad that you thought would taste good, you still keep going back and tasting it, some how thinking it will get better. Or maybe I’m the only one that does that.

Today I ran by Sonic and ordered a peach ice tea. I had debated the Sonic run thinking that I would just get a Diet Coke out of the machine at work, but I really needed to break a $20 and Peach Ice Tea just sounded good. And I’ve ordered Peach Tea from Sonic in the past and always liked it – but today, it is just down right NASTY (by the way, I’m starting to realize that “nasty” is the word of the week – I’ve used it a lot in several different contexts.) I’ve been trying to figure out what exactly was wrong with it and I’ve come to this conclusion…they used 10 times the legal limit of artificial sweetener. I’m not opposed to artificial sweetener (as earlier noted, I am a diet soda drinker), but this is way too much. It’s like dumping 10 packets of NutraSweet or Sweet & Low directly into your mouth. Such a disappointment when I was so looking forward to this beverage. But I still keep taking a sip of it, thinking that it will somehow get better. That maybe the ice will melt and balance out the artificial sweetness. Blaahack!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Yes, I was excited when Sonic started offering flavored teas, but I do not like them!