Thursday, February 14, 2008

Random Bits of Info

I discovered today that my external keyboard has a button that if I push it, a calculator appears on my screen. Kind of cool. Actually, it has a lot of cool buttons, but the way my desk is, they stay hidden under the ledge and I forget they are there. I can push a button and “My Picture”, “My Documents” or “My Music” comes up. There are lots of cool buttons. The only ones I use right now though are the volume buttons and the mute button.

Self-con•trol n. Control of one’s emotions, actions, etc.
I’m exhibiting “self-control” today in regards to my posts and my opinion about this particular day. =o)

I finally got a new hair dryer to replace the one that blew up. If you’ve ever lived with me, you know it takes FOREVER for my hair to dry because it holds water like nothing you’ve ever seen. My sister-in-law can blow dry her hair completely in 2 minutes. It takes me at least 15 minutes. It’s annoying. Anyway, to aid in this, I really wanted to replace my hair dryer with a Chi because it dries my hair so much faster, but I didn’t want to pay the $129+ they usually run in the store. So I finally found one on eBay for a price I was willing to pay and got to use if for the first time today. Hair was dry in 10 minutes!!!

The decision was made to install a door bell in our receptionist area so that our new full-time receptionist could assist people when we don’t have a volunteer receptionist. This is much better than listening to someone yell “HELLLL-OOOO.” But the door bell that was purchased sounds like the chimes on the clock in our receptionist area. It’s very entertaining to see Vicki jump up to help someone every time the clock chimes.

Does anyone else use the term “okie dokie?” A couple of the ministers have been making fun of me for saying this. They say they’ve heard “okie doke” but wonder if “okie dokie” is a Kansas thing? Maybe it is. Just wondering.

I have a Facebook account, but I’m finding that I don’t do near as much with it as some people do. I guess I just haven’t really figured out WHAT to do with it. I take quizzes people send me, I respond to friend requests people send me, but I haven’t figured out or taken the time to do as much with it as I probably could. Plus side, some college friends have found me and it’s been nice to reconnect a little with people I haven’t seen or talked to in AGES!

I could be dangerous with a camera phone.

OKChick gave a bad review of “Fool’s Gold”. I personally liked it. There were parts of the story line they could have expounded on more, but over all I thought it was decent. Of course, I think I got a little wrapped up in the idea of living in the Caribbean on a boat and being surrounded by water (and searching for treasure would be tons of fun). Have I mentioned I don’t like cold weather?

My chiropractor would KILL me if he saw how I sit in my chair at work 90% of the time.

I love that I live in a state that has spring-like weather one day and snow the next (I’m being sarcastic).

No comments: