Wednesday, May 07, 2008

May Madness

OK Chick…this is why I haven’t updated:

Ever had one of those months where you know that if you survive without some sort of break down, it will be a miracle? Right now June 1st is the magic date for me. If I can make it past June 1st, it will all be down hill.

This is my May (it may not sound like much, but it really is...I'm just not going into detail):

- Relay for Life and all the last minute preparations that go into that. Relay is May 30-31 (yep 3 weeks and 2 days from today). We’re a little short handed this year and the people willing to step up and help me with the areas I have to pick up the slack on are already pretty busy with their own committee positions. Thank heavens for a staff partner who has been willing to go above and beyond for me.

- I’ve been working with a group to start a new singles class at church. So far things have been going much better than I thought they would, but there is still so much that needs to be done before the class starts on June 1. Plus its my nature to always prepare for the worst, so I probably will not breath easy until after the first class is over (maybe even the first quarter).

- VBS. Now technically VBS isn’t until the middle of June, but my involvement with VBS actually takes place a month or two before the actual event takes place. The first phase of the VBS advertising is done. May holds the second phase.

- Building Campaign. This is the newest addition to my “To-Do” list, and though the timing is bad, I’m kind of excited about working on this one. I like having projects like this at work. Our congregation is getting ready to do some major renovations to our west wing…which requires money. My job is to design and prepare all of the information/fund raising packets for this project. I got to do a similar project back in 2002 and really enjoyed doing it, even though I took a lot of time. The only bad part is that everything needs to be ready to go by June 1.

Don’t get me wrong. I am not complaining because it will all be worth it if things go well…but I might need to hire someone to clean my house, do my laundry, and do my grocery shopping for the next month. =o)

No comments: