Friday, August 28, 2009

We're So Funny

A friend and I decided to get motivated and help each other get up and work out every morning during the week. We started the end of June calling each other every morning at 5:30 to get up and work out. We did well for a few weeks...then I went to camp. We still kept calling each other, but sometimes one or both of us would just go back to bed. So we decided maybe just Monday, Wednesday, Friday. This was today's email:

Me: By the way, are either of us actually getting up at 5:30? I’ve had every intention the last two weeks, but haven’t. :o) I just keep going to bed too late…no matter how hard I try to go to bed early.

Friend: No :o) I’ve been wondering why we’re making ourselves get up to call only to go back to bed…haha!

Now, I have been at least still working out everyday (well, I have missed 3 days this week and probably will miss tomorrow too). But getting myself motivated to get out of bed lately has not been easy. Bed is a good hiding place (unless there is some creature hiding under your covers like in "The Grudge"). So we're going to try again after time change. Ha!

1 comment:

OK Chick said...

Getting up early is hard! I've done well for the past week. Hopefully, this will continue.