Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I HATE Tornado Season

Okay, I know this is going to sound petty, but I was really irritated last night. I was watching 7th Heaven (yes, I watch 7th Heaven) – which is down to its final episodes EVER and what should happen, but it get’s interrupted by Fox News because of a tornado. Now, I know that this information was important to people in its path, but the guy who just kept telling you the same information over and over (I think I referred to him at one point as a “Weatherman Wannabe”). I was annoyed. I wanted to see what was happening on 7th Heaven. I’ve even emailed the local station to see if it will be re-broadcast. But, like I said, I did understand that this information was important to some people.

But here is where I got REALLY annoyed. Later in the evening, after the storm had pretty much died down, I was watching Medium on NBC and stupid Mike Morgan kept interrupting the show to give more updates. Now this is why I was really annoyed – he didn’t give these updated during commercials. They weren’t even critical, just an update to what had already happened (which could have been covered during the 10 o’clock news). And it never failed, you’d watch 10 minutes of commercials and as soon as it was time to go back to the show, he would break in, spend 10 minutes telling you information that wasn’t even important, and by time they’d get back to the show, it was almost time to go to commercials again.

Maybe Grant Johnston and I wouldn’t make a good match. I don’t think he would appreciate my view on this matter. Oh, well. Like that was ever going to happen anyway.

4 comments:

Suzy said...

I meant to tell you the other day that your boyfriend Grant the weatherman was getting on my nerves the other morning. He was giving a weather update and he wasn't saying anything worth while. He just kept talking about the rain that was in TX and AR. He went on and on and on. I kept thinking who cares. It's Texas and Arkansas.

Stacey said...

Yeah, I decided last night we might have some issues in our relationship considering my view on the importance of weather reports vs. TV programming. Yeah, could you just see me calling and saying "dear, could you please hurry up and say what needs to be said so I can watch the rest of my show."

Stacey said...

SUCK!!! I was afraid that would happen, but I had no way to find out when it might air. Now I'm even more hacked-off!

Krista said...

I completely understand. There was a show on at 9pm last night on channel 5 that I wanted to watch. All the other channels had gone back to regularly scheduled programming by that point. But, no, not Rick Mitchell on channel 5. He stayed on the air and repeated things we already knew. Ugh! He finally stopped talking but by that time I'd missed half my show.