Thursday, May 25, 2006

To Cut or Not to Cut…

That is the question of the moment. As I mentioned in a previous post, I was planning on growing my hair out for Locks of Love. This decision was mainly spurred on because I can’t afford to cut my hair all that often these days. I made an appointment for this coming Tuesday to get my hair trimmed and shaped up a bit (I have to keep it healthy at least). I haven’t done anything to it other than cutting my own bangs since February 6. That’s quite a while for me.

The problem is, my hair has been driving me crazy lately. The longer it gets, the frumpier it gets and well…I’ve never been content with bad hair. I measured it last night and I’m only half way there (and that’s if I cut my hair off around my chin). I figure my hair grows about 2” in 3 months, so I’m looking at another nine months at least.

My dilemma came watching the American Idol Finale last night? Did anyone see Kellie Pickler’s hair? She cut it and it’s super cute.















I’ve had the cutting bug ever since. So now I have to decide between sticking with my goal and keep growing my hair out (which is cheaper) or cut it off, which might actually look better and would offer a much needed change. I need feedback people!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let it grow and it will get easier to manage as it is trimmed.

Krista said...

That's a tough decision. I get the hair cutting bug every once in while as well. It is summer so a short hairdo would be ideal. But growing it for locks of love is a spectacular idea as well. Could you settle for just adding some highlights or a getting a few layers? That would at least change it up a bit so you can be more content with your hair as it grows out.

Stacey said...

Yeah, changing the layers up a bit was the plan when I made the appointment...I just have the cutting bug right now. We'll see what I feel like Tuesday afternoon at 4:30!

Anonymous said...

Stacey- I have known you long enough to say that your hair looks great both longer and shorter. However, I think it looks so cute when it is just at your chin. I have several pictures of you where your hair looks very similar to Kellie Pickler's...only you are much cuter! I say cut it! You can always let it grow back.
-Rachel