Monday, July 09, 2007

My Vacation

Of course, after you read this, you’re going to think I have a warped way of “vacationing,” but when you don’t have much money, you got to do the best with what you got.

My First MRI
On Thursday, I went to the doctor because of some pains I had been having in my arms, shoulder blades and chest. Considering the blood pressure issues I had earlier, I thought it would be wise to FINALLY have this checked out (it’s had been going on for weeks). She said it wasn’t my heart, but thought that I had a pinched or damaged nerve in my neck, so she scheduled me for my first MRI ever! I’ve heard horror stories and was given some advice from previous MRI survivors. Much to my relief, it wasn’t the tube kind, but the open kind. This is where I have to tell on myself. The place was called Edmond Open MRI. This should have clued me in to the type of MRI machine they used, but I just thought that meant that anyone could come in to get an MRI. I didn’t clue in till last night when Suzy said “oh, so you had an open MRI.” I’m a little slow sometimes. As for results, well they didn’t find anything in the neck, so I get to go back in and have another one done of my head (and yes, I’ve already been told by several people that they won’t find anything.)

Painting Project
It has been a few months since I’ve taken on any major home improvement projects. On Friday/Saturday, I finally finished painting the downstairs hallway. I started the paneling last fall, and finally got to the walls. I even painted the door (thanks goes out to the roommate for prompting me to paint the door red.) Actually, this project isn’t completely done because I didn’t have anyway to paint the entire stairwell, so that will have to wait till I can hire someone to come finish it (hopefully by the end of the year). I have this great mirror I plan to hang on the wall, but I didn’t know how heavy it was and I needed to get drywall support screws that would handle the weight (since of course the studs don’t line up where I need them to.) I hope to have that hung this week. There is still some touch up work that needs to be done, but the major part is over. All I have left downstairs is to tile the hallway, kitchen, guest bath and laundry room (sounds like a lot, but it really isn’t). I also want to paint the downstairs bathroom eventually, but I don’t want to move the toilet twice, so that will get done when the tiling does (whenever that is).

White Tops
I spent some of my time off shopping for a white top to go with a pair of shorts that I bought. If I had paid close enough attention to the style of the shorts, I probably would have just returned them, but I didn’t and washed them…hence the need for the RIGHT shirt to go with them. My thought was that a baby doll top that was longer would probably work, but all the tops I bought made me look pregnant. I know the argument – those tops make most women look pregnant – but something about me seems to scream “soccer mom” (we’ll get to that in a minute) and people are always asking me how many children I have, so I would just prefer not to add to that line of questioning. Anyway, after buying (and returning) three different tops, I ended up settling on a combination that was totally unexpected, but works (and doesn’t make me look like I have a “bun in the oven”).

Haircut
So I got my hair cut again on Thursday. I liked the lady that cut it, but not thrilled about the cut. I don’t know why 1) almost every hair stylist I’ve gone to in the last two years insists on cutting my top layers too short and 2) cut my hair in such a way that I look like a soccer mom (I told you we’d get back to this discussion). It’s not bad really, just hard to style. I keep trying to find pictures of cuts I like, but everything is so weird or so ancient looking. I constantly see people that have cute hair, but I can’t seem to end up with that on my head. Maybe I just need a camera phone and start taking pictures of people I see on the street. Hopefully they won’t think I’m some stalker.

So, that was my vacation. I only got to sleep in twice, but I guess that’s better than not at all.

2 comments:

OK Chick said...

Wall looks good. Could you have a party so we can come over?

Stacey said...

We hope to sometime in August. I need to get through camp first.