Thursday, March 09, 2006

Another Weird Dream

It’s not unusual for me to have weird dreams, but I had one last night that might not fall into the category of my weirdest dream ever, but it definitely has me wondering what that was supposed to mean.

I don’t remember much about the beginning of the dream other than I was driving down a street that they were doing some work on. I was going to church. On my way back, when I came to the main road that I needed to turn on, it has been completely torn up and it was very muddy. I was wanted to turn, but in the middle of the side of the road I needed to be on was a HUGE mud hole that there was no way I could drive through. What really frustrated me was that the opposite lane had two lanes of cars and as much as I wanted to try to head in the direction I needed to go in one of those lanes, the cars wouldn’t move into one lane so that cars needing to go in the other direction could use the other lane.

I ended up crossing the road and trying to get where I needed to go by taking a little back road (more of a path than a road), but eventually I ended up at some little cottage because I couldn’t drive any farther. When I got out of the car, I thought I would try to walk the rest of the way, but if I tried stepping off the sidewalk onto the grass, my foot would seep back into the mud because the grass was so wet. There was some other stuff going on at the cottage involving other people, but I don’t remember specifics. I just remember really trying to get to where I needed to go and not being able to get there and feeling frustrated.

I looked some of it up on DreamMoods.com. According to them, to see mud in your dream, suggests that you are involved in a messy and sticky situation. It also suggests that some internal cleansing is needed. To dream that you are walking in mud, suggests that you are feeling weighed down by a situation, problem, or relationship. I could see that right now.

To see a road in your dream indicates your sense of direction and pursuit of your goals. To see a winding, curvy, or bumpy road in your dream, suggests that you will experience many obstacles and setbacks in achieving your goals. You may be met with unexpected difficulties. If the road is dark, then it reflects the darker or more frightening choices which you have made or are making. Didn’t need to hear that.

To see a street in your dream, symbolizes your life's path. The condition of the street reflects how much control you have over the direction of your life. Obviously no control!

To dream that you are driving a car denotes your ambition, your drive and your ability to navigate from one stage of your life to another. Consider how smooth or rough the car ride is. Whether you are driving the car or a passenger, is indicative of your active role or passive role in your life. Well, at least I was driving.

To see a cottage in your dream represents comfort, peace and serenity. You prefer a life of simplicity. The cottage may represent an altered sense of reality and thus may be a means of escaping the responsibilities and problems that may be associated with your home. You need to approach life's difficulties one at a time. Seems contradictory to the rest of the dream don’t you think?

Why can’t I dream about a canoe, candy, a canary or something more encouraging???

Here is another interesting fact about my dreams in general (this one included). If I dream about being in a town, the town always resembles Anthony, Kansas where I was born and spent my childhood. Also, my whole life, it is always dark in my dreams – even if it’s supposed to be daytime, the sky is always dark. I know this is supposed to have a negative connotation to it, but it never bothers me. It’s not like its dark and I can’t see where I’m going, it’s just that the sun isn’t shining.

No comments: