Monday, August 07, 2006

Thoughts for the Day

Undo Button
I wish I had an undo button on things other than my computer. Example, today I had to run a quick errand for work, so I got in my car and rolled my windows back up (I had them cracked so that my car wouldn’t get too hot) and immediately wished I hadn’t because I didn’t want to have to get them back into the ideal position when I got back. I seriously found myself wanting to hit the undo button till I realized my car doesn’t have one.

Billboard
I – amongst other things – design billboards for my place of employment. Recently I did one for a women’s bible study that begins every fall. We had several pictures to choose from, but finally decided on a particular layout. We actually thought was one of the best ones we’ve had in a long time because it really stands out. Come to find out, it stands out in more ways than one. Everyone seems to think the open books look like something other than an open book. Well, it’s too late now. People just need to get their minds out of the gutter.

School Supply Hunters
Bad combination: School Supply Hunters + 102 degree temperatures + traffic do not = a leisurely afternoon running errands. Normally, I like these breaks; it gets me out of the office. Today, I would have rather stayed at work.

Perfume
I think all perfume that people wear to our office must be approved by an official office scent committee. There are at least two women who come into our office on a regular basis that wear perfumes that will turn your stomach. When we have pregnant secretaries, they have to leave the office till the scent dissipates. Just a note: if it can be smelled 10 feet away and the scent lingers for 20-30 minutes after you leave, you’re wearing too much. I have an easily triggered gag reflex when it comes to strong scents. You don’t even want to know the affect sour kraut has on me. Same applies to using the office microwave.

Shoes
This weekend I went through my closet and made a sack of all the shoes that I haven’t not worn in over two years, but held on to because they were still in good condition, so that I can take them to the clothing room or Good Will. Shoes in good condition would be better served by someone who would wear them than they are sitting in my closet.

Speaking of Closets
The only thing I really do not like about my house is the closet in my bedroom. It’s just laid out weird. It’s long and narrow and difficult to organize and I have to go in the closet and close the door to get to my shoes, dresses or belts. I’ve been thinking about what I could do to make it better. I don’t think a different layout would work (actually don’t think it would be possible), but I’m wondering if I could install a sliding door that goes into the wall instead of a door on hinges. Okay, so maybe I wouldn’t install this myself, but have one installed.

2 comments:

Krista said...

My easy fix for annoying closet doors is to just take the door off. Then you can just hang a nice curtain over the doorway to close it off. It looks decorative and it gets you out of having to step inside and shut the door to get to your shoes.

Stacey said...

That's a great idea! Thanks. I might just have to do that.