Monday, October 09, 2006

Monday Thoughts

Bad Season for Squirrels
I’ve decided it is not a good time to be a squirrel. I don’t know the cause, but I have noticed a lot of squirrels have met an untimely death lately when I have been out driving around. I have seen a ton of dead squirrels either on the side of the road or in the middle of the road. Most of them flat on their back. Are they falling out of trees? Have they been poisoned? Is the thought of being evacuated from their homes to make room for yet another shopping complex near Hafer Park just too much for them and are they lying there hoping to just end it all? I don’t know the answer, but if there are any squirrels reading this, you might steer clear of the asphalt.

Hmm…
I think if they ever make a TV movie about the Mark Foley case, I think they need to cast Matthew Perry to play him. Seriously, look how much they resemble each other. Just age Matthew a little and you’ve got your man!

Change to the Priority List
There has been a change to the home improvement priority list. I have a decided that it has become of the utmost importance that I drywall my storage space under the closet. I finally got the courage to try to pull out the stuff stored in there to patch the hole when I noticed the beginnings of a nest in the corner. Oh, yes. It appears that mouse is trying to take up residence in the “holiday closet”. I have a policy about non-rent paying residents. They must be evicted. Of course, when I saw the nest, I put what stuff I had pulled out back in, closed the door and called my mom. She said she’d help me take care of it over Thanksgiving, but I didn’t want to wait that long. So, all goes well, she and my brother are coming down for the day sometime next week and helping me “de-mouse” the closet (I won’t be helping with that part), patch the hole and put up drywall. Actually, this probably needs to be done to help with heating costs this winter. Of course, the last time my brother came down to help me with a home improvement project, he found a snake and a squirrel and almost had a heart attack. Maybe I need to have a video camera on hand this time!

No comments: