Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Rasp or Raz?

Okay, I was looking at my profile (just because) and the question posted at the end (that I have never answered) is "Why does the color blue mean raspberry-flavored?" You know, this is a good question and here is my answer: Because blueberry flavored isn't that popular and every shade of red and pink were already spoken for by strawberry, cherry and watermelon, so like me, raspberry got the short end of the stick and got blue by default! But here is another question I'm now wondering -- why is it spelled raspberry. I have always pronounced it razberry. I have never heard anyone pronounce it with a "p".

Here is another question -- is it "hayride" or "hay rack ride"? I bet I can tell where you're from by your answer!

2 comments:

Krista said...

First of all, I have always pronounced the "p" in the word raspberry. I get made fun of for it quite a bit as I do with other words that I enunciate.

Second, I have never heard of a hay rack ride. It's a hay ride where I come from.

Karen said...

I have also never heard of a hay rack ride.